Feminism

Feminism

                                        picture: Women with raised hands image coutesy: EPW Feminism is the radical notion that women are...

Tuesday 28 January 2014

Release

With your bloodshot eyes,
the sheen of a million stars bright;
as from a fevered delirium
you had just awakened:
when you look into mine,
like epochs and millennia frozen
at one spot, in synchronous flight.

Like a prayer flag hung out,
tossed about by the raging winds
on a mountain top-
bright and cheerful at the start;
I lose all colour in the sunlight
of your presence.

Flung about, 
losing my essence
till my colours have run through 
to a pale transluscence-
there's no more left of me.

Discarded, I'm shunned;
with shame,I burn up;
mingle with smoke and dust
rise up to the heavens above,
carrying on my lips 
a prayer of release.




No comments:

Post a Comment